The Ohio Archives Grants (between $500 and $2,000) are funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC), an arm of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) through their State Board Programming Grants. Projects eligible for funding in 2016 include:
- Assessment and Strategic Planning: hiring consultants to identify needs and priorities for improving the organization, description, preservation and access to collections.
- Access, Arrangement and Description: identifying, organizing, and improving access to historical records.
- Preservation: purchasing archival file folders, archival boxes, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, hygrothermographs, or HEPA vacuum cleaners.
- Website Development: Adding collections to online catalog, developing virtual archives, or creating an on-line database. Websites designed to support access to researchers (e.g., online catalogs, finding aids, and digitized collections, rather than curated web exhibits) will receive preference in funding. (See “Museum Materials” in Ineligible Expenses below.)
Proposals must be received by February 29, 2016. Awards will be announced March 25, and projects must be completed by December 31, 2016.
Get the application, budget form and support materials…
The Ohio Historical Records Advisory Board (OHRAB) recently announced the recipients of the 2015 OHRAB Regrant funds. Eleven Ohio institutions were awarded partial or full funding to support archival historic preservation projects. Grant dollar awards ranged from $534 to $2000.
OHRAB’s regrant funding program is supported by funds obtained from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC). Through OHRAB’s regrant application process, funding is provided to institutions and local groups to assist in preservation of archives and historic collections.
Below are the 2015 Regrant Award Recipients:
- Delaware County Historical Society, Delaware, OH
- Franciscan Sisters of the Poor Congregational Archives, Cincinnati, OH
- Huron Historical Society, Huron, OH
- Kent State University Libraries, Kent, OH
- Lakeside Heritage Society, Lakeside, OH
- Marion County Historical Society, Marion, OH
- Milan-Berlin Library District, Milan, OH
- Payne Theological Seminary, Wilberforce, OH
- Rodman Public Library, Alliance, OH
- Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, Akron, OH
- County of Summit Records Center, Akron, OH
More information on the projects and the regrants program can be found on our Ohio Archives Grant Program page.
OHRAB has announced the recipients of its 2014 regrant funding. Ten institutions received funding for archival projects. More information on the recipients is available on OHRAB’s regrant program page.
OHRAB has awarded funding to 8 institutions for archival projects. A list of the recipients is available at http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/ohrab/index.php?title=Re-grants_SNAP_Grant_Committee