OHRAB, in conjunction with the National Historical Publications and Records Commission has allocated $1,200 annually in scholarship aid to support continuing archival education for graduate students and individuals who care for the historic record. The Board will award up to four $300 scholarships to assist individuals in attending a professional development opportunity of their choosing. Funding is available to support attendance at:
- The Midwest Archives Conference’s Annual Meeting or Fall Symposium
- The Society of Ohio Archivists’ Annual Meeting
- Society of Ohio Archivists’ / Ohio Local History Alliance’s Fall Meeting
- Academic Library Association of Ohio’s Annual Meeting or its Special Collections and Archives Interest Group’s Meeting
- The Ohio Municipal Clerks Association’s Annual Institute
- The International Institute of Municipal Clerks’ Annual Conference
- The Ohio Township Association’s Winter Conference
- The Ohio Genealogical Society Annual Conference
- Other professional development opportunities subject to approval by OHRAB
Applicants must be individuals who are full-time (minimum of 9 credits) graduate students currently enrolled in an Ohio institution of higher education; individuals working or volunteering in an Ohio library, archive, special collection, or government repository; individuals who serve as a state, county, municipal, or township official or their designee whose main responsibilities is to maintain public records; and those who work or volunteer in other roles caring for or providing access to records within the State of Ohio.
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarship, the application must be received no later than February 15 for spring opportunities and no later than August 15 for fall opportunities. Applications received after respective dates will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by phone or email of their status by March 1 and September 1 respectively.
The completed application and required narrative should be sent or emailed to: Tina Ratcliff, Montgomery County Records Center & Archives, 117 South Main Street, 6th Floor, Dayton, OH, 45422, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, see the attached description and application. If you have any questions, please contact Tina Ratcliff (email@example.com).