The Ohio Historical Records Advisory Board (OHRAB) is pleased to announce a development opportunity for students, volunteers, and records professionals.
OHRAB, with funding provided by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, is offering scholarships up to $300 to support continuing education for graduate students and individuals who care for the historic record. The Board will award scholarships to assist individuals in attending a professional development opportunity of their choosing. The meeting may be in person or virtual. Applications are due August 18, 2023.
Funding is available to support attendance at development opportunities offered by such organizations as:
- The Midwest Archives Conference,
- The Society of American Archivists,
- The Society of Ohio Archivists,
- The Ohio Local History Alliance,
- The Academic Library Association of Ohio,
- The Ohio Municipal Clerks Association,
- The International Institute of Municipal Clerk,
- The Ohio Township Association,
- The National Association of Government Archives & Records Administrators,
- The Ohio Genealogical Society, or
- Other professional development opportunities subject to approval by OHRAB.
Applicants must be individuals who are full-time (minimum of 9 credits) graduate students currently enrolled in an Ohio institution of higher education; individuals working or volunteering in an Ohio library, archive, special collection, or government repository; individuals who serve as a state, county, municipal, or township official or their designee whose main responsibilities is to maintain public records; and those who work or volunteer in other roles caring for or providing access to records within the State of Ohio.