OHRAB, with funding by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission and support from Kent State University, is proud to sponsor a FREE, unique, educational, hands-on workshop opportunity. The Greene County Records Center and Archives is bringing its educational outreach initiative to Kent State University on April 20 and giving you the tools to develop such a program in your archives and records center!
When: April 20, 2018 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM, sign-in begins at 9:30 (A special behind the scenes tour of Kent State University’s Special Collections and Archives will follow the workshop for those interested).
Where: Kent State University Library
Third Floor (Room 332)
1125 Risman Drive
Kent, OH 44242
Please park at Kent State Student Center Visitor’s Lot located on Summit Street
Registration: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants attending this workshop will:
- Gain an understanding of how to develop an educational outreach program;
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of creating an educational outreach program;
- Be provided with some tips on how to market your educational outreach program;
- Actually participate in the 4th, 6th, and 8th grade programs developed by the Greene County Records Center & Archives;
- Take away an educational outreach packet of materials developed by the Greene County Records Center & Archives.
In 2015, the Greene County Records Center and Archives set about creating a program, using their archival records, to engage students and educators alike as to what the archives were and how the primary sources that they held, such as freedom papers, maps, deeds, tax records and more, could enrich students’ educational experiences, teach research concepts, and bring the state and national issues that they were studying home on a local level. This program has received the 2016 OHRAB Achievement Award, the 2016 National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators Program Excellence Award and the 2017 Society of Ohio Archivists Merit Award.
Questions? Contact OHRAB at email@example.com